LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
The Linux Infrastructure Engineer deploys, manages, and automates Infrastructure and Linux based system used in the development and production infrastructure of multiple SaaS applications. This position requires strong organizational and collaboration skills and partnering with numerous distributed teams is a must for success. It also requires a solid understanding of Infrastructure as code, and multiple devops practices. The Linux Infrastructure Engineer will foster operational excellence through streamlined IT process, standardization, and automation.
• Implements and deploys Linux based systems to support business objectives including pre-production and production areas.
• Build, maintain, and configure AWS environments.
• Collaborates with other infrastructure teams, developers, business analysts and other business stakeholders to implement requirements and deploy systems to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, disaster recovery, redundant systems and backup.
• Participates in all phases of systems development, deployment and configuration including performance and availability, monitoring & alerting, data integrity, security and capacity planning.
• Performs all tasks in accordance with Agile project management methodologies, adhere to version & release management, scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures.
• Installs, configures and manages Linux based software applications and services.
• Provides on-call support to resolve and/or escalate production incidents or issues outside normal working hours including support during software deployment/release activities.
• Creates and maintains system procedural and technical documentation.
• Performs other tasks, including patching, maintenance and administration of other systems and applications, as needed to meet the objectives of the team and business.
• Mentor Mid and Jr level team members, regardless of their background.
• Provide troubleshooting for all Linux systems and application level outages.
• Using data driven results to prove theories and ideas.
• Performs other tasks and activities as required to support company and departmental objectives
• Provide constructive feedback to team throughout daily issues and meetings.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and knowledge
• Demonstrable skills in deployment, configuration, maintenance and administration of Linux operating systems and application running on AWS and VMWare environments.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience in a SaaS web development environment.
• Ability to write effective technical documentation with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
• Experience with code repositories and branching/versioning concepts.
• Experience working in a SAFe Scrum Agile workflow.
• Strong infrastructure knowledge of virtualization, servers, storage, network, load balancer, firewalls.
• Strong experience with AWS networking components (VPC, Security Groups, NACL, ELB/ALB, WAF, etc).
• Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. , Bash, Python, C#, .NET, Java, Go, PowerShell) and AWS configuration files such as JSON and YAML.
• Experience with AWS serverless technology (Lambda, API Gateways, S3, CloudFront, EFS).
• Experience with AWS container services (ECS and Fargate).
• Experience with PostgreSQL
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VLANs, firewalls, load balancers.
• Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash) and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Vagrant or others.
• Demonstrable skills and experience with database server connectivity, including MySQL, Mongo, DB2
• Strong virtualization knowledge, especially VMWare ESX/ESXi.
• The following skills/experience not required but considered to be a plus:
o Experience with continuous software deployment.
o Experience working in a Scrum Agile workflow.
o Experience designing, migrating or building AWS applications.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 9,000 dealerships. Visit https://www.dealersocket.com/careers/ to learn more about how you can join our winning team!