WINDOWS INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
The Infrastructure Engineer deploys and manages Windows based systems and all IT Infrastructure used in the development and production infrastructure of multiple SaaS applications. This position requires strong organizational and collaboration skills and partnering with numerous distributed teams is a must for success. A Infrastructure Engineer also requires a solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and multiple DevOps practices. The Infrastructure Engineer will foster operational excellence through streamlined IT process, standardization, innovation, and automation.
• Build and maintain all critical IT infrastructure including Virtualization, Container Technologies, Servers, Storage, Switches, Load Balancing, Firewalls, and Networking in Cloud based and on-premise based environments.
• Implements and deploys Windows based servers to support business objectives including pre-production and production environments.
• Provides on-call support to resolve and/or escalate production incidents or issues outside normal working hours including support during software deployment/release activities.
• Collaborates with other infrastructure teams, software engineers, business analysts, and other company stakeholders to gather requirements and implement systems to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability needs, and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, and disaster recovery.
• Participates in all phases of system architecting, development, deployment, configuration, and monitoring including performance and availability, alerting, data integrity, security and capacity planning.
• Performs all tasks in accordance with Agile project management methodologies, adhere to version & release management, scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures.
• Creates and maintains system procedural and technical documentation.
• Performs other tasks including patching, maintenance, and administration of systems and applications as needed to meet the requirements of the business and objectives of the team.
• Mentor Associate-level infrastructure engineers across all infrastructure teams, regardless of their background and skill level.
• Provide diagnostic troubleshooting for all Windows systems as well as application level outages using data driven results to guide actions and remediation.
• Performs other tasks and activities as required to support company and departmental objectives.
Education: Associates’s Degree or equivalent work experience and knowledge
• Demonstratable skills in deployment, configuration, maintenance and administration of Windows Server operating systems and applications including but not limited to Windows Server 2012 – 2019 Enterprise and Core/Nano.
• Demonstratable skills in application management including Active Directory, DNS, DFS Replication, Windows Clustering, IIS, and MSSQL Clustering and Availability Groups in both on-premise and Cloud environments.
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VLANs, firewalls, load balancers.
• DevOps methodologies and practices including Infrastructure as Code (IaC), code repositories, pipelines, and version control systems.
• Experience with programming and scripting languages including but not limited to Terraform, C#, .NET, Java, Go, PowerShell, Bash, and Python as well as provisioning tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Vagrant or others.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience in a SaaS web development environment.
• Ability to write effective technical documentation with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience working in a Scrum Agile and/or Waterfall workflow.
• The following skills/experience not required but considered to be a plus:
o Experience designing, migrating or building AWS applications.
o Experience with AWS networking components including but not limited to VPC, Security Groups, NACL, ELB/ALB, and WAF.
o Knowledge in datacenter hardware management, including enterprise grade compute and storage.
o Experience with AWS serverless technology including but not limited to Lambda, API Gateways, S3, Systems Manager, EFS, ManageAD, and SSO.
o Virtualization knowledge, especially VMWare ESX/ESXi.
o Experience with containers and container management technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS and Fargate.
o Experience with AWS configuration files such as JSON and YAML.
o Experience designing, migrating or building Azure applications.
o Experience with Azure networking components including but not limited to VNET, Azure Firewall, NACL, Load Balancer, WAF, and Application Gateway.
o Experience with Azure serverless technology including but not limited to Azure Functions, File Storage, Blob Storage, and Azure AD.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,200 employees strong, serving nearly 9,000 dealerships. We hire the best and brightest employees with offices in Dallas Texas (HQ), Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin, Albany NY, Kaliningrad RU, and Bangalore, India. Visit dealersocket.com/careers to learn more about how you can join our winning team!