PRINCIPAL DATA ENGINEER
Principal Data Engineer will be part of a team of data experts to architect, build and operate cloud scale big data platform to deliver data analytics & AI/ML capability. In this role you will be working with team of Architects, Data Engineers and Data Experts who are Data ninjas. You will be working with new generation data streaming technologies like CDC, Kafka, Apache Pulsar , cloud scale data warehouses like AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Data lake technologies like ADLF, Lake Formation or Databricks Delta Lake, Data catalogs like Azure data catalog or AWS Glue or Apache Atlas. The data pipelines and data flow technologies like Apache Nifi, Airflow, Azure Data Factory, AWS Data Pipelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Follow agile and SAFe methodologies, Collaborate with SCRUM team consisting of product and engineering members
• Communicate effectively with team members, internal and external customers
• Mentor other engineers on database design standards
• Work with enterprise DBAs, Architecture, and Engineering to drive a database architecture roadmap
• Troubleshoot and solve database problems quickly and efficiently
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and knowledge
• 10+ Years Database Engineering, data platform
• Engineering and Implementing enterprise level software applications
Skills & Expertise (Intermediate Level)
• 5+ years of Experience working with Data ware housing & ETL development
• 5+ years of Experience with a BI tool like PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire.
• 2+ years of Experience with cloud-based data platforms
o Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL DW, AWS RDS, AWS Redshift
o Azure Data Lake Storage, AWS Lake Formation, Databricks Delta Lake
• Data modeling (ER/Studio, ERWin)
• Proficiency in MS SQL development (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
• Strong MS SQL Server experience with SQL Server 2016/2019 versions.
• Knowledge of programming languages like C#, Python or R.
• Understanding and implementation of REST APIs.
• Experience with index design and T-SQL performance tuning techniques.
• Experience in automated deployment and CI/CD pipelines for Database codebase.
• Experience with any NoSQL based solutions will be a Plus
• Experience in Build and integrate transactional and data warehousing systems
• Experience Asp.net and Net core will be an added Plus
• Team player who is detailed oriented
• Strong logical & analytical thinking, verbal and written communication skills
• Works efficiently across distributed teams
• Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Manage several activities in parallel
• Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
• Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
Physical Demands (Travel, etc.)
• Available to solve critical issues as necessary
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 9,000 dealerships. Visit https://www.dealersocket.com/careers/ to learn more about how you can join our winning team!