Job Title: Sr. System Engineer I
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our engineering teams need modern practices, tools, and techniques to advance their ability to operate, maintain, and develop customer facing software systems. Equally important is our ability to train and propagate culture, practice, and tools across the organization.
DealerSocket is seeking experienced system engineers who are driven to make the organization stronger, faster, better through improved tooling and training. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance and stability are a necessity to give our teams the best experience possible.
Key Job Functions/Requirements
- Be an ambassador for the DealerSocket vision of DevOps
- Coach engineering and infrastructure teams how to maintain and support production applications
- Assess and understand a teams' capabilities and provide recommendations for improvements
- Evaluate potential solutions related to DevOps capabilities
- Construct of complex engineering solutions
- Apply best practices of software delivery and operation
- Take ownership of solutions as part of an Agile team, which includes assisting in the development of testing automation and other key quality aspects
- Work with architects and other Agile team members to determine new systems and enhancements
- Review code to ensure that each delivery adheres to the original vision and utilizes the latest standards at DealerSocket Establish and support coding and system standards
- Lead or engage in Agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstrations, and team retrospectives
- Respond to support incidents for applications in order to minimize and prevent application outages Create and/or update the documentation to support development efforts.
- Documentation may include detailed specifications, internal training material, architecture diagrams and design documents
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and effective collaboration in a team-oriented environment
- Translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- Adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs
- Mentor and train other System Engineers Scope and estimate large complex projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Significant experience with at least one System Programming Language (i.e. Python, Powershell, Bash)
- Significant experience with Environment Automation (i.e.Azure CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Significant experience with Version Control management and processes (i.e. BitBucket, Github, Gitlab)
- Significant experience with Infrastructure as Code concepts and tools
- Experience with Monitoring and Observability tools (i.e. Splunk, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with Agile Management Tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Experience with Docker and Containerization Experience with CI & CD Systems (i.e. Jenkins, Gitlab, Bitbucket Pipelines, Octopus, Team City)
- Familiar with non-functional system qualities such as availability, maintainability, testability, interoperability, etc.
- Familiar with operational best practices of running a production software system Familiar with delivery best practices of software systems
Perks and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program that pays up to $200 per year
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!