Data Conversion Engineer I
The primary function of the Data Conversion Engineer I is to work directly with the Director of Customer Onboarding and Data Conversion Manager to coordinate data extractions, assist with coordinating and performing buy/sells conversions, in addition to, responsible for programming the software that allows us to extract and convert data from dealers existing software providers. This position requires the ability to work on a fast-paced team that works under strict deadlines and high demands.
- Review and manage Installation Schedules, how they relate to Buy/Sells
- Send out reminder emails / phone calls / timelines for Conversions and/or Buy/Sells
- Responsible for running validation processes to ensure conversion accuracy
- Aid with coordinating and performing buy/sell conversions.
- Responsible for writing the code which enables our team to convert and extract data from multiple data sources, including, but not limited to, text files, MS Excel, MS Access, and PostgreSQL.
- Identify issues and takes the proper actions to resolve them.
- Gather and analyze data effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of product to review converted data with other departments involved in the conversion (IC Team, Developers, Installers, etc.).
- Highly organized, self-directed team player.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment.
- Java, Python, and Bash scripting experience in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- MS Excel ability
- Cobol Knowledge
- Familiarity with various types of databases
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline oriented with ability to readily adapt to changes that impact project schedule, tasks, and timelines
- Previous training and experience with desktop, telephony and/or network technologies is a plus
- Prior experience with enterprise level technology deployment preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Flexible schedule as nights and weekends will be needed to complete project tasks
- LogMeIn familiarity
- Linux shell scripting or other scripting and database experience a plus
- Education: High school degree or equivalent. Associates in Computer Science preferred
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,200 employees strong, serving nearly 9,000 dealerships. We hire the best and brightest employees with offices in Dallas Texas (HQ), Southern California, Arizona, Utah, Wisconsin, New York, Kaliningrad RU, and Bangalore, India.
Visit dealersocket.com/careers to learn more about how you can join our winning team!