- JOB DESCRIPTION for ENGINEERING MANAGER
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to write the next chapter in our Platform Engineering. You will have complete ownership of technical and product roadmap and work closely with Product, Business, and Operations teams. You will be responsible for scoping, architectural design, working with other technology teams, and running the iterative rollout of features. All the systems we build/manage are critical to the success of the business. This means quality and reliability are paramount and large-scale launches must be threaded carefully without impacting day-to-day business.
Responsible for leading and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems. Should be completely hands on with excellent architecture and design skills. Shall be responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of technology development in the Tech Operations vertical, in accordance with the company’s strategic direction and growth objectives
Essential Job Duties
• Technical Guidance: You will provide technical leadership to a team of excellent software engineers; this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example.
• Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality.
• Team management: You will be responsible for hiring and mentoring your team; helping individuals grow in their careers, having constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance.
• Technical depth: You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating cloud native applications and microservices. Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database.) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons.
· 10+ years as a software developer working on large scale enterprise software.
· 3+ years as a software Engineering Manager with a proven track record in meeting commitments.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong management and leadership skills.
· Hands on Experience with working on large scale production level applications.
· Shall be responsible for redesigning existing systems.
· Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing as defined by the selected software development methodology.
· Building, developing and grooming of engineering talent and teams.