Job Title: Senior UX/UI Designer
DealerSocket is a leading automotive software company with a suite of integrated products used by dealerships nationwide. Our Design Team supports Product, Marketing, and Web with a balance of collaboration and independent work. If you enjoy being at the forefront of the discovery process of product design, we would love to add you to our team!
The primary responsibility of the Senior UX Researcher is to work with product managers and our customers to validate new concepts and improve existing products. A Senior UX Researcher will have a solid understanding of human interaction and thinking. They will be an expert at gathering qualitative and quantitative data that will shape and form the foundations of the user experience.
● Strong background in UX research. Vast experience in usability studies, interviewing, ethnographic observation, and video editing. A proven track record of successful product research within organizations.
● Proactive and self-driven. Will need strong initiative in gathering customer contacts, creating appointments, and performing interviews.
● Strong communication skills. Ability to translate ideas and workflows to junior researchers, designers, and product stakeholders for seamless collaboration.
● Strong understanding of analytics. Must possess a proven ability to translate user-centered data in a meaningful way. Advanced knowledge of Pendo and user testing applications a plus.
● Able to independently define research objectives. Should be experienced with formulating research proposals that will be forwarded to key project stakeholders.
● Use tactical insights to shape the product. Provide actionable recommendations that drive innovation and continual improvement of the customer experience.
● Assist product design and development departments in a hands-on manner. Will need to perform large and small-scale user researches upon request.
● Evangelize insights from research methods. Ability to find creative and compelling ways to promote insights and research methods to gain buy-in from stakeholders.
● Follow through with product launches. Raise early alarms on user experience defects and oversee post-launch monitoring and analysis.
● Master’s degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human-Psychology or over 5 years of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
● Examples of improving workflows and processes the product area uses to solve customer problems.
● Examples of leveraging experience to predict design weaknesses and anticipate design flaws prior to implementation.
● Ability to prioritize work and complete projects skillfully with a sense of urgency.
Perks and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,200 employees strong, serving nearly 9,000 dealerships. We hire the best and brightest employees with offices in Dallas Texas (HQ), Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin, Albany NY, Kaliningrad RU, and Bangalore, India. Visit dealersocket.com/careers to learn more about how you can join our winning team!