Data CollectionThe personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the services you use, and the choices you make. Information you provide directly Some of our services require you to register for a customer account. DealerSocket asks you for personal information (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) to create and secure this account. For certain services, we may request credit card or other payment information. When you contact us to schedule a demo or for information about our services, we may also collect information about your job description (such as your position, role or title), company or industry, the state or country where you reside, and a phone number. Information collected automatically As further described in the "Cookies and Similar Technologies" section below, when you use our services, some information is collected automatically. For example, when you visit our websites, our web servers automatically log your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol address, access times, browser type and language, the website you visited before our site, and your activity on our websites.
- provide and deliver our services, including securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those services;
- manage our business processes, such as improving our internal operations, securing our systems, and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment while using our services;
- provide customer support and respond to your questions; send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
Links to Other WebsitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the linked websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites as these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Information Sharing and TransfersWe will not distribute your personal information to third-parties unless we have your consent and permission to do so, need to share it in order to provide services to you, or are legally required to disclose such information by law. We share personal information with subsidiaries and trusted businesses or persons working on our behalf for the purposes described below. If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among all our services to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your prior consent. We may also disclose and transfer personal information in connection with or preparation for a corporate transaction, such as a merger, transfer, divestiture, or sale of all (or a portion of) our business or assets. We may store and process personal information collected on our site in the United States or any other country in which DealerSocket Inc., or its agents maintain facilities. While such information is outside of your country of residence, it is subject to the laws of such other countries, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. To opt-out of having your personal information shared (for reasons other than listed above) or sold, you may email us at email@example.com. DealerSocket does not discriminate against consumers for opting-out of the sale of their personal information.
Aggregated InformationIn addition, we may share aggregated, anonymized information about consumer activities, user decisions and/or purchasing practices with business partners, advertisers, and others to assist with the information services provided on our website. Such information is not linked to any information that can identify individual users.
Specific ServicesWe may have agreements with other parties to provide you with specific additional services, including, without limitation, third-party hosted collaboration tools and other hosted services. When you use such services, we may share personally identifiable information with such parties. In such cases, we will use reasonable efforts to restrict the information provided to the information necessary for the provision of such services.
Exercising Individual Rights
DealerSocket acknowledges that all individuals have various rights regarding their personal information and the personal information that we maintain about them. See below for a listing of these rights:
- Right to know all data collected by a business about you.
- Right to say no to the sale of your information (opt-out).
- Right to delete your data.
- Right to be informed of what categories of data will be collected about you prior to its collection and to be informed of any changes to this collection.
- Mandated opt-in before sale of children's (under the age of 16) information.
- Right to know the categories of third parties with whom your data is shared.
- Right to know the categories of sources of information from which your data was acquired.
- Right to know the business or commercial purpose of collecting your information: Reasonable and necessary business purposes required to collect personal data Process of data pseudonymization (de-identified information)
- Private right of action when companies breach your data, to make sure your information is kept safe and secured.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes (if available),
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for updates to the service, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other requests that cannot be completed by the individual, please submit your request via one of the following options below:
- Email email@example.com, or
- Send correspondence to the address listed in the "Contact Us" section
We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request. Depending on the complexity of your request and the volume of requests DealerSocket is currently processing at that time, it could take up to 30 days or longer to receive a response. If we believe that more time is required, we will notify of you our intended deadline extension in order to fulfill your request. If you require a more immediate change to your personally identifiable information and are unable to make such a change using the available website features, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Privacy Choices - Opt-out
- Marketing: DealerSocket provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing email messages from us or to change preferences via a link in the footer of our marketing email messages. Alternatively you may email us at email@example.com.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, administrative and technical controls and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that you provide to DealerSocket.
Misappropriation of Personal Information
For the purposes of any applicable law regarding notification of persons whose personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person, our information security policy provides that any required notification may, where permitted by law, be made using email in addition to posting a notice on our website. Where any notice is to be sent to a specific email address, we will use the latest available address in our records. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO THIS MEANS OF NOTIFICATION.
Personal Information of Minors
The Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA) regulates the online collection of personal information from persons under the age of 13. It is DealerSocket's policy that individuals under the age of 18 do not establish an account on the website. We refrain from knowingly collecting or maintaining personally identifiable information relating to any person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 and believe you have already provided personally identifiable information through the site, please have your parent or guardian contact us immediately using the contact information at this bottom of this policy titled "Contact Us" so that we can ensure the account and related information is removed.
DealerSocket does not engage in any financial incentive programs and therefore does not seek opt-in consent from individuals for financial incentive programs.
Changes to this Policy